CHCD is often invited to state and national meetings and conferences to present and discuss its work related to healthcare reform or improving end-of-life care. The more recent presentations are listed below:
Select presentations on issues related to healthcare reform:
- American Society on Aging annual conference. Identifying the public’s coverage priorities for re-designing Medicare. San Diego, March 2014.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality webinar Facilitating Deliberative Discussion Groups. June 2013.
- Institute of Medicine: Partnering with Patients to Drive Shared Decisions, Better Value, and Care Improvement, Washington DC, Feb. 2013
- California Health Benefit Exchange Board of Directors Meeting. Sacramento, June 2012
- Insuring the Uninsured Conference: Institute of Medicine’s Committee on the Essential Health Benefits. Sacramento, February 2012.
- Calif. Association of Physicians Groups Conference: ACOs: but how will they play in Peoria? Palm Springs, May 2011
- Health Affairs Issue Briefing: Designing Insurance To Improve Value In Health Care . Washington, DC, November 2010
- Roundtable discussion with MedPAC staff re. consumer views on high- and low-value medical care. Washington, DC, September 2010
- Center for Health Improvement Health Policy Forum: Leveraging Public Reports of Health Care Provider Performance to Improve Quality. Sacramento, November 2009
- AcademyHealth Annual Research Meeting: Citizens' Priorities for Healthcare Coverage. Chicago, June 2009
- Association of Health Care Journalists Annual Meeting: Explaining Costs in Health Stories. Seattle, April 2009
- AARP/Consumers Union, Solutions Forum: What Do Consumers Have To Gain From Comparative Effectiveness Information? Panel on Patient and Consumer Perspectives. Wash DC, October 2008
- State Coverage Initiatives, Summer Workshop for State Officials. Using CHAT to identify citizens’ coverage priorities. San Francisco, August 2008.
- AcademyHealth, Annual Research Meeting. Panel on comparative effectiveness: What does this mean to citizens? Washington DC, June 2008.
- National Governors Association, Center for Best Practices. Conference on Defining Benefit Packages in Health Reform. Lunch speaker: How Consumers View Benefit Design. Philadelphia, March 2008.
- New America Foundation, Capitol Briefing. Health Insurance: What Should Everyone Be Covered For? Washington DC, November, 2007.
- California HealthCare Foundation, Capitol Briefing. Designing Coverage: Uninsured Californians Weigh the Options, Sacramento, July 2007.
Presentations on end-of-life care
- Swedish Hospital Palliative Care Conference. Community Process to Improve Care at the End of Life, 2010.
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization. End-of-life Issues in the Workplace, audio web seminar, 2008.
- Final Journeys conference panel. Death and Dying – Is It a Personal Journey, 2007.
- American Society on Aging/National Council on Aging workshop. The Clinical Realities and Advance Care Conversations That Count, 2006.
- National Rallying Points conference. Working with Faith Communities on End-of-Life Issues, 2003.
- Rallying Points Leadership Development Workshop. Leadership Update from the Front Lines—Engaging Leaders from California’s Latino and Chinese Communities, 2003.
- National Health Ministries Association Annual Meeting. Helping People Prepare, 2002.
- California Hospice Foundation Annual Meeting. Taking Care of our Communities: Working with Moyers’ On Our Own Terms, 2001.
- KQED San Francisco. Panelist, Difficult Decisions, 2000.