The Coalition for Compassionate Care of California (CCCC) is a statewide partnership dedicated to the advancement of palliative medicine and end-of-life care in California.
Instrumental in forming CCCC in 1998, CHCD provided leadership to the organization through 2012:
- Served as co-PI from 1999-2004 during the organization’s initial RWJ Foundation grant period.
- Led its Public Engagement initiative from 1999-2006.
- Served on CCCC’s newly-established 501(c)3 Board of Directors from 2006-12.
Related CHCD work:
- Produced a 2009 white paper highlighting the work of eight CCCC community POLST coalitions.
- Wrote a 2011 issue brief on a regional collaborative effort to improve advance care planning and end-of-life care in Sacramento area nursing homes.