From 1994-2013, CHCD played a leadership role in local, state, and national activities related to improving end-of-life care. Through educational materials, trainings and policy recommendations, CHCD educated thousands of citizens, trained hundreds of local health professionals and faith leaders, and worked with healthcare organizations to implement new end-of-life policies and practices. By 2014 CHCD had transitioned its education and outreach activities to other organizations, including the Coalition for Compassionate Care of California (CCCC).
Summary of CHCD activities:
- Advance Care Planning/POLST speakers bureau. Now being coordinated by the Greater Sacramento Health Ministry Network (GSHMN); contact Susan Carson by email at: Susan.Carson@DignityHealth.org
- Consumer education materials. Now available through Coalition for Compassionate Care of California
- Finding Your Way booklets, can be viewed and ordered from the CCCC website.
To view on their website: Click Here. Then click on the Talking About Advance Care Planning button. That will take you to a PDF of the booklet.
To purchase quantities in their online store: Click Here.
- Annual Partners in Caring seminar for faith leaders. Now being sponsored by GSHMN
- Regional POLST Coalition (2009-2012)
- Sacramento regional Alliance (2001-2010)
- Statewide CCCC participation (1998-2012)
- 2011 – wrote an issue brief on a regional collaborative effort to improve advance care planning and end-of-life care in Sacramento area nursing homes
- 2009 – produced a white paper highlighting the work of eight community POLST coalitions
- 2005 – co-authored an article in Journal of Palliative Medicine: Improving End-of-Life Care in Nursing Facilities: The Community State Partnership to Improve End-of-Life Care - California