The Center for Healthcare Decisions’ mission is to advance health care that reflects the values of an informed public.
Who We Are
Founded in 1994, CHCD is a non-partisan, non-profit organization based in Sacramento, CA. CHCD is comprised of staff and board members with a passion for promoting civic engagement in healthcare policy. Our commitment is to capture the public voice on contemporary, often controversial, local, state or national healthcare issues.
What We Do
- We identify challenging health policy issues where there is a role for informed public input.
- We help other healthcare stakeholders – community leaders, healthcare organizations, and policymakers – identify the healthcare issues that are relevant to their constituents.
- We produce, implement and evaluate customized non-partisan deliberative processes that meet the needs of our partners and clients.
- We communicate relevant project findings to inform the work of policymakers and healthcare leaders through presentations, professional publications, and social media.
- We educate diverse professional and lay groups on the concept of social decision-making in the healthcare arena through the use of interactive discussion groups.